Nonie Darwish on C-Span: Spreads Anti-Muslim Hate at Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute
Nonie giving a passionate anti-Muslim lecture
Nonie Loonie Darwish‘s new book, “The Devil We Don’t Know: The Dark Side of Revolutions in the Middle East” pretends to provide insight on the Arab Spring. For Darwish, this is just another ample opportunity to spew her well-worn (phony) tale of woe and Islamophobic diatribe.
Surprisingly C-Span allowed itself to be used as a platform for this hatred, featuring her over one and a half-hour
speech rant at the Clare Booth Luce Policy Institute (a Conservative group, amongst who’s goal is to produce more “Sarah Palin’s.”)
Here are some of the choice quotes that I caught in just the last 20 minutes (if anyone has the stomach to listen to the rest of it and provide us quotes we’ll be happy to add it):
- When asked about Obama’s relationship with the Muslim world her response was as the following. ”From his [Barack Obama] books and from what he says, he doesn’t unfortunately. He has a lot of sympathy towards Islam and a lot of closing the eyes like apologizing a lot for things that we should be apologized for.”
- “Where are the Muslim leaders who will stand up and say ‘We apologize for 9-11?”
- “All the ills of Muslim society go back to Sharia.”
- She repeatedly says “Islam has already been interpreted.”
- “In America, we have a growing population of Muslims who are now, many of their leadership is calling for sharia. The application of Sharia.”
- “The ultimate goal of being a Muslim is living under an Islamic state.”
- “Our college campus is becoming like the West Bank and Gaza. They are not allowing the freedom of speech of people like me.”
- “Another generation of America who have been brought up with a lot of guilt about their country, have been brought up with an educational system that told them that there bad, you’ve hurt the world. Islam is a religion of peace. Christianity is bad. Your constitution should be changed. American constitution is no longer, it’s an old document. “
- “In fifty years, we can have a Chechnya in America, which means, we can have a population, a majority population of Muslims in a certain state or certain area and they might say they want to live under sharia.”
- “We want to call our state, Islamist Republic of Michigan.”
- “There is no feminist movement in the Middle East, in the Muslim world.”
- “Women who call themselves Muslims are not standing up.”
At the core of Darwish’s rhetoric is that Muslims are taking over America. She full-heartedly claims that there is a systematic way in which Muslims are working to achieve the dissolution of the USA. First, they act passive, and then they demand rights. Once we succumb to the evil Mooslims’ demands, they will rise to power and implement Sharia and have states that will be called…“Islamist Republic of Michigan.” Darwish’s loony conspiracy that Muslims want to secede from the states and over throw the constitution is an insult to intelligent Americans.
She forgets that we live in a country that is supposed to protect the rights of all citizens. In reality, what Americans are, and need to be skeptical about are individuals like Darwish who write books and speak on Conservative platforms for the twin goals of: self-enrichment and driving fear of the other.
This type of Islamophobic rhetoric hearkens to the anti-Semitic rhetoric of old: They control the media. They control the banks. etc… Such conspiratorial language is non-nonsensical, illogical and unproductive toward making this country one that we can be proud of.
For anyone that is interested in watching the video, you can do so here: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Nonie
For more on Darwish see our previous articles: Nonie Darwish Caught in a Pool of Lies and Nonie Darwish: “Because Islam should be feared, and should be fought, and should be conquered, and defeated, and annihilated, and it’s going to happen.”